20.7.08

Um certo passado pop - (I)

ou: Bem-vindo de volta, guardamos seu lugar!

"I do not know what, precisely, Laura said [to Liz], but she would have revealed at least two, maybe even all four, of the following pieces of information:

1) That I slept with somebody else while she was pregnant.

2) That my affair contributed directly to her terminating the pregnancy.

3) That, after her abortion, I borrowed a large sum of money from her and have not yet repaid any of it.

4) That, shortly before she left, I told her I was unhappy in the relationship, and I was kind of sort of maybe looking out for someone else.

Did I do and say these things? Yes, I did. Are there any mitigating circumstances? Not really, unless any circumstances (in other words, context) can be regarded as mitigating. And before you judge, although you have probably already done so, go away and write down the worst four things that you have done to your partner, even if - especially if - your partner doesn't know about them. Don't dress these things up, or try to explain them; just write them down, in a list, in the plainest language possible. Finished? OK, so who's the arsehole now?"

1 Comments:

Blogger Emanuelle Santos argúi...

"if this is your first night at Fight Club you have to fight"

domingo, julho 20, 2008 6:12:00 PM  

Postar um comentário

<< Home